Venture with Impact is seeking a programming intern to join the team
Venture with Impact is a work-abroad program that engages professionals on a 4-week-skills-based volunteering program while working remotely for their jobs, allowing them to develop professionally, rediscover purpose, and in the process, provide a positive social impact.
We are looking for an intern, with a passion for social impact, to assist with the preparation and day-to-day programming for groups in Lisbon. Ideal candidate will be an ambassador for city!
- Assist in planning the logistics for events, weekend trips and networking opportunities for participant
- Liaise with non-profit partners to plan volunteering and accompany volunteers to sites
- Develop existing city information guides
- Assist in preparing accommodations (clean, reliable internet, welcome gifts, etc.)
- Provide day-to-day support to participants including assistance w/ transportation to volunteer sites, and other basic needs at the beginning of the program (accompanying to market, malls, hair appointments, etc.)
- Support the group throughout: be on call for support where and when needed
- Real-time and written English-to-Portuguese translation as needed
- Working with the CEO, contact and develop relationships with potential partners through outreach efforts
- Brainstorm and contribute new ideas working with the VWI team
- Develop content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and additional social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
Able to work independently, strong work-ethic, outgoing, experience working in tourism, event planning, or with non-profits, Inside knowledge of Lisbon, fluent English, fluent Portuguese strongly preferred
Staring in July. 2-4 month commitment. Minimum 20 hours per week, plus additional weekend activities/ trips.
Accommodation or stipend, free transportation and accommodation in planned weekend trips. Transportation to Lisbon not included - strong preference for candidates located in Lisbon.